Our certification process is simple and transparent; we have taken out all the complications to help you move forward with the assessment and certification of your institution’s management system.
RESOURCES AND FACILITIES
- The Institution’s premises provide a safe, professional, and conducive workplace that complies with local regulatory guidelines.
- Teaching and study spaces are designed to facilitate effective learning, including easy access for persons with disabilities.
- The Institution has adequate resources for each course to cater to diverse student learning needs, styles, and preferences.
- Teachers have access to space and resources to create classroom learning materials tailored to meet individual student needs.
- The online environment is designed to support a positive and engaging user experience for students.
- Learning and assessment strategies for online delivery, if applicable, are appropriate and effective.
- Learning resources and technology support and facilitate student learning.
- Integrated e-learning and reporting systems are in place to support courses.
- The Institution has a well-organized library equipped with physical and/or electronic facilities and resources that are sufficient for the number of students and staff.
- A help desk with easy access and a stable internet connection for the e-learning platform is available.
- Clearly stated technical expectations and a system for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are in place and regularly assessed, with feedback provided to students.
- The institution ensures the reliability, privacy, safety, and security of all electronic platforms used for e-learning or reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Access to training is provided for off-campus or virtual students.
- The Institution has an effective system of strategic and business planning.
- The Institution has a valid and transparent organizational structure and system of reporting.
- Robust financial systems are in place to ensure efficient management of resources.
ADMINISTRATION, MANAGEMENT, AND STAFFING
- The institution has qualified, competent, and experienced leadership with relevant education and background to oversee the development and management of a quality culture within the institution.
- The institution has appropriate governance and management bodies that effectively support the organization in complying with local regulations.
- The institution has clear communication systems and networks to promote internal and external information dissemination for public accountability.
- The Institution has an organizational structure that effectively supports the provision of services to students.
- The Institution utilizes effective systems for the dissemination of information to stakeholders.
- The Institution promotes a performance and development culture for all staff, and sample contracts for management, academic, and support staff are available.
- The Institution has clear policies and procedures that ensure equal opportunities and gender equality in human resources for recruitment, retention, and promotion of staff based on qualification, competence, and skills.
- The Institution has effective, systematic, timely, and fair processes for the investigation of complaints, grievances, and appeals by students, staff, and other stakeholders.
TEACHING, LEARNING, COURSE DELIVERY, AND ASSESSMENT
- Course design supports quality learning outcomes, with regular feedback from students analyzed by management.
- Management reflects relevant student feedback on courses.
- Teachers have appropriate training and/or experience for the courses they deliver and assess.
- Evaluation of courses and lecturers is regular and rigorous.
QUALITY ASSURANCE, PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- The institutional vision, mission, and strategic objectives are publicly disclosed, reflect the aspirations and needs of stakeholders, and indicate strategic development plans and targets.
- The objectives are translated into clear policies and strategic plans for quality assurance that are operationalized into achievable goals.
- The development of the product or service is underpinned by substantial research.
- The study programs or courses effectively fulfill their purpose, as evidenced by student feedback.
- Processes are in place to maintain the quality of educational programs.
- The educational programs demonstrate unique elements and innovation.
THE STUDENT WELFARE, EXPERIENCE, RECORD KEEPING
- Student application and enrolment process is streamlined and user-friendly, with clear documentation and procedures in place for handling documents related to visa, refunds, and payments.
- The institution promotes diversity and inclusivity in admissions, including gender mainstreaming and consideration of disadvantaged groups and persons with disabilities.
- Students are provided with comprehensive information and support to help them adjust to living and studying in the country, particularly for international students.
- Students are actively involved in their learning programs and are provided with support to enhance their overall experience.
- Stakeholder feedback, including feedback from students, is regularly collected and integrated into the institution’s processes to enhance the student experience.
- Arrangements are in place to ensure safe and efficient recruitment, transit, and reception arrangements for students.
- Adequate accommodation services are provided to meet student needs.
- The institution supports the welfare and wellbeing of all students, including providing information and training to staff, accommodation providers, and guardians/carers.
- Institutional guidelines and processes ensure accurate collection and compilation of data on students’ admission, progress, performance, and graduation rates.
- Institutional guidelines and processes promote student retention and progression, and address issues related to drop-out rates.
- Rigorous processes are in place for issuance and storage of certificates, as well as detailed records and transcripts of students’ academic progress, assessment records, and attendance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEGREES
- Course design supports high-quality learning outcomes aligned with the institution’s mission and objectives, and meets the expectations and needs of stakeholders.
- Teaching staff possess appropriate qualifications and experience to deliver courses effectively.
- Regular and rigorous evaluation of courses is conducted to ensure their quality.
- Students are provided with necessary course information and learning support.
- The institution must demonstrate official documents allowing it to grant degrees offered to students.
- Formal agreements are in place for all programs offered in partnership with other institutions, outlining roles, responsibilities, and quality assurance arrangements.
PROMOTION AND STUDENT RECRUITMENT
- Promotional material is ethical, accurate, and consistent in providing information about the institution.
- Essential information about the institution is readily accessible to stakeholders.
- The institution clearly communicates its commitment to quality assurance.
- Agents and counselors adhere to an ethical framework in their practices related to recruitment.
- Information provided to stakeholders, including prospective students, is ethical, accurate, and consistent.
- Effective and transparent governance structures are in place to support agents, with documentation proving the relationship with agents presented as necessary.
- Management supports a performance and development culture for counselors and staff.
- Systematic risk management processes are in place for agents.
- Stakeholder feedback, including feedback from agents and counselors, is routinely obtained to inform continuous improvement of services.
An educational institution must take several steps to gain INTEAS certification. Below is a simple representation of the process.